With great Technical advances, we have left behind the old school marketing techniques, advertising of one’s products and services with the right business strategy can help their business to expand and reach heights. One of the most powerful ways to drive sales and revenue for any catalog can be Google Shopping Advertising (also referred to as Google Product Listing Ads).
In enhancing Google Shopping for customers, Google has made huge strides by launching new tools, ad formats, and more to help you reach your audience across all Google assets. Although it is easy to set up shopping advertisements, if you don’t have the right plan in place, they can be difficult to master.
Merchant Center at Google: What Is It?
Shopping campaigns can be overwhelming, particularly the elusive Merchant Core, if you’re used to searching for campaigns where you deal strictly with keyword-level bidding. What exactly is the Merchant Core for Google?
Currently, Google Merchant Center is where a lot of the magic in Shopping Campaigns occurs. This is where you live with your product data streams. A data feed for a product is a list of all the goods you sell. And it’s not just any list; with loads of attributes that identify your goods, this list has to be in a special format specified by Google. Some of your commodity data feed list’s main attributes are:
- The code-the ID you use to mark your product special.
- Title-the product name; this will be the text that will be shown when your ad is served.
- The description-this text explains your product and will be displayed when you click on your ad.
- Product type -choose from the predefined categories of Google
- Type of product – specified by you
- Connect to the item on your website’s list
- State of availability (in inventory or not)
- Cost of sale
- No need to write text ads as you do for search campaigns. Using the data in your feed, shopping ads are created automatically.
Read More: IT Service in Singapore
Suggestions for maintaining your product feed
In Google Advertising, one can’t even think about setting up a shopping campaign until you have identified your product data feed and a process is in place to update it as product information, availability, and price change. This is super important because Google won’t show your product ads if your data feed doesn’t fit your website.
Some business strategy uses Google spreadsheets manually, some use third-party systems, and some use unique software on their website to keep this information up-to-date and compatible with their website. Using a Google spreadsheet gives you the most flexibility, but if you have 1000s of items, it may not be feasible to handle. A successful data feed is a big factor in your shopping campaigns’ success. To bear in mind a few super-important things:
- To assess the relevance, shopping campaigns do not use keywords, so make sure your product titles and details are keyword-rich but still enticing to a prospective customer watching your ad; Google uses this information to see if your items apply to a search query.
- Make sure your prices are 100 percent correct, especially if you deal with foreign currencies. If this information is not accurate, Google will not display your goods!
- You will need a product data feed per country if you are advertising to several nations. In AdWords, shopping campaigns are country-specific, so you’re going to have to set up a new campaign per country of sales.
- Product photos can build or break your advertising, ensuring that your images are of high quality! The photos should only be of the product you are offering, without edited or watermarked product images. Images that are “family-friendly” are the safest and least likely to be suspended.
Creating Campaigns for Shopping
PPC marketing is not a bit tough. It’s pretty easy to build shopping campaigns in AdWords-the only difference is that you will have to pick a product feed from the Merchant Center and a country of sales. You’ll have to think about how you want to structure your ad groups once you’ve built your campaign. In shopping campaigns, ad groups are only for organizational purposes:
- Usually, companies with very tiny product data feed build only one ad category.
- Often, companies with broader product data feed segment ad groups by brand or category.
Shopping Campaign: organization of your product groups
Business Strategy: Now that we have that idea down, we have a couple of ideas about how to arrange the product groups best.
It’s better to get down to the item ID if you have a limited data feed (like under 200 products) so that you can set bids by product level on a product. Try to segment by brand or category first, then segment by item ID.
If you have a broad data feed where it is impractical to handle bids at a product level, segment by similar products where profit margins are comparable, this may be by brand, category, type of product, or some other attribute that makes sense to your company.
ZERO has an impact on how you arrange your product groups on whether or not Google finds your product important to a search query. To set bids, product groups are strictly used.
Google has this awesome feature that you can tack on promotional text to your shopping ads. The last piece of advice we have for you is about the special deals you are running. Your deals could be “Free Shipping” or “10 percent off or “Winter Blowout Sale! 20 percent Off!” seasonally focused.
Read More: Best Web Hosting Services
Some bidding tips on your product
When you have arranged your product categories, you’re ready to put bids on those groups. To get you started, we have some great advice:
- Set bids lower than the unique named categories in the “Everything Else” product groups, which will help ensure that all traffic and data for items in the feed are sent to that particular product and not the catch-all pieces.
- To bid in high-traffic/high-value regions and bid in low-traffic/low-value regions, use regional bid modifiers to
Business Strategy: Google is introducing new features and updates back to back, indicating companies are ready to invest in Shoppings ads online. All you need is a well-defined product feed and the right plan for its advertising campaign.