In the article, I’ll tell you why, apart from physical damage, the iPhone screen/display may not be turned on and what to do in such a situation.
The display, during operation, is subjected to mechanical loads more than any other component. Rarely helps super-break glass gorilla glass, used on models since the fifth. It’s not just the broken screen that breaks down the contacts that connect the iPhone board to the display. The view can work usually, but when it comes down to it, don’t respond to the user’s touch. But the reason is not only in mechanical loads. The origin of screen failure may have multiple sources.
Check Also: ipad cases
Causes of display failure
- Mechanical. This, in addition to the daily pressing of the fingers, including falling from a height, as well as the reverse process, when already something heavy falls on the iPhone.
- Fluid penetration. Water is the main enemy of digital technology. When it hits the components of the phone, there is an oxidation of contacts, short circuit, which leads to inoperability of both individual elements and the gadget as a whole. The relationship between iPhone and water is a particular topic of conversation. But with the release of a new, seventh version of the smartphone, this problem was leveled by introducing protection from dust and moisture corresponding to the standard IP 67.
- Software error.
Signs that the iPhone display is faulty
To detect that the iPhone display is not working correctly can be on several grounds:
- Touchscreen begins to respond to touch only in certain areas. So, the panel at the bottom is fully functioning, and all the other icons are not. But this is just an example – combinations of working/non-working areas are different.
- Touchscreen reacts belatedly. It may start with a slight delay, but the longer nothing is done, the faster the situation will worsen.
- The sensor doesn’t work at all, ignoring any touch.
- The iPhone screen starts to function spontaneously – without the user’s participation automatically type text, open/close applications, pages of documents independently flipped.
How to solve the problem on your own
When the sensor stops responding, it doesn’t always mean you have to run to the service centre for help. You can try to cope with the problem yourself. There are several methods.
This method will help when the crux of the problem is software failures. Here are the manipulations to complete the full reboot:
- At the same time, press the Home button and the turn-on button.
- Keep the buttons clamped for 30 seconds.
- If done correctly, the smartphone will be rebooted with the appearance of the Apple logo on the screen.
Get rid of accessories.
The use of non-original protective films and bumpers can cause the sensor to not respond to commands or to start working incorrectly. Check it’s easy – take off the attributes and try to use the smartphone screen. Health can return. If so, this is further proof of the postulate that only Apple’s original accessories should be used.
If the above actions did not help, then the only way out – to go to the service centre. Independently disassemble the iPhone, hoping to identify the breakdown with an inexperienced look – a bad idea. Professionals should be trusted to prevent the problem from becoming more severe and more expensive. Specialists of the service centre will carry out a diagnosis, the results of which will determine whether the touchscreen will be repaired or will need a replacement. There is a high probability that events will add up according to the second option. Repairing the sensor is quite tricky and expensive. It’s cheaper to change it.
The process will take about an hour if you have the right screen. Nothing is surprising here. Display failure is the most common iPhone problem. Specialists have to deal with this type of repair regularly.
There are cases when the screen breaks, but the board is interconnected. This is extremely rare. If it did happen, then the operational repair to count recklessly. It takes a long time to diagnose board problems and solve them.
All iPhones from 4 have touch glass that is integrated into the display module. These are the components of a single whole, where without any detail the performance of the screen is wholly excluded.
The display module itself includes three elements:
- Protective glass (top).
- Touchscreen (sensor).
When any of these items are rejected, no matter what, the entire module is replaced. You can’t break in a new protective glass or a workable sensor.
When moisture hits the algorithm of action, only one, after the incident, the phone should be turned off. Then use silica gel. You can find it in any shoebox, where it goes as a drying kit. Silicagel pulls and absorbs all moisture without heating or oxidizing. This is what you need to dry your smartphone. The phone is placed in a glass and wholly covered with silica gel. If it is difficult to find, it is permissible to use ordinary rice. The ability to absorb in cereals is less, but it is something. It is forbidden to dry the iPhone with a hairdryer or put it on a hot battery. The gadget does not get along well with high temperatures.
The same applies to direct sunlight.
After drying, you need to monitor the behaviour of the phone closely. If there are problems, albeit minor (light screen braking, glare or burnt pixels), you should immediately contact the service centre. Moisture got on the smartphone board, thus causing the oxidation of contacts. Without timely professional intervention, the chances of being left without your iPhone are high.
Professional iPhone repair
On the Internet, there are a lot of videos-self-teachers about self-repairing the iPhone. A lot of people look and think it’s easy. But we must remember that on the screen a professional who spent many years repairing digital devices. He knows what he is doing; he understands the essence of the problem, how to fix it. An untrained person can ruin an expensive machine by unqualified actions. Therefore, when the iPhone is in trouble, the screen does not work as it should, you need to turn to the help of a service centre, whose specialists have enough skills and the necessary equipment to fix the breakdown.